PNC Park (Let's Go Bucs!)

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Shaping Up

We finally closed on our home again, for the third time!  This refinance took a tediously long two and a half months.  I was able to take advantage of our equity as I had previously explained and was able to bring our student loans that exceeded 6% under our home loan.  The new loan is a 5 year HEL at an interest rate of 1.99%. 

To further improve our educational loan conundrum, my wife qualified for a $5000 federal loan forgiveness for teaching in economically disadvantaged urban schools for the last five years. 

The only student loan that we still have in play is mine (now just under $6k) at an interest rate of 2.875%.

I will give the new home loan two months and the debts that were paid off that same time to register with the credit agencies before I go ahead with our auto refinance. 

Just a short update today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment